Thursday, October 27, 2005

The World Series trophy is on its way to Chicago.... and I think the city is still in shock. Congrats South Side.
I am a bit disappointed in the division of Chicago during this Series.... the North side was way too quiet last night. No one yelling in the streets, I didn't experience any random high-fives while walking to 7-11 after the game was over.... the bars in Wrigleyville were subdued, and that was a let down.

Then I watched the news coverage of the Series, and they went to the parking lot of Comiskey (I'm sorry, but I refuse to call it "the Cell", its Comiskey Park and always will be Comiskey Park, no matter who donates what millions to put their tacky, commercial, consumer sales motivated name on a ball park.... it borders on sacrilegious and is probably the biggest embarrassment to the 21st century as of yet.) so the cameras are on the parking lot and the Sox fans, and all they kept saying was "take that Cubbies" or something of that nature. And I am thinking to myself... what the &^%* ? Don't we all pay taxes, and parking tickets, and eat at the same places, and battle the same traffic, and live together in the same city?

Then I was told by some people who were born and raised here (and need to get out and experience other things on this planet, in my opinion) that I "didn't grow up here, and you don't know what its all about!". So of course I took mild offense to that and said "you're right, I didn't grow up here in mommy and daddy's house that I just moved out of and now live down the street in uncle Joe's attic and have never lived, worked, or vacationed more than 10 miles from the house I took my first step in..... no, I moved here alone scared to death without a savings account and found a job and an apartment within 2 days, and 6 years later here I am still doing my thing in this city all alone....." that seems to keep them quiet for a while.

But I've lost track.....
I for one, am happy for Chicago today, all sides of Chicago, and would like to say as a proud North sider
Congratulations White Sox! And to Ozzie Guillen, I don't care if you have kids, as long as they call me Aunt Cyndi, and not Mom, we'll be just fine.....

Thanks for the call last night Jen.... you know what I'm talking about, and that's why I love you!

Thats it for now... happy days in Chicago.
-Cyn


No comments: