Friday, December 15, 2006

When I feel lost and empty, I gravitate towards things that effect me right down to my core, the soul-shaking beauty of life that rattles me no matter how much I try to fight it. Things that I can barely type without fighting back tears..... but good tears.... effected tears.....the kind that don't make you feel sad, just alive and so glad to be.

music is probably the most powerful influence on me in that way.... songs and the lyrics are the best form of poetry. so here are some that don't seem to leave my head lately, and that make me feel better about a world that sometimes seems to be caving in....

The heart may freeze
or it can burn
The pain will ease
if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today

I can't control my destiny
I trust my soul
My only goal is just to be

There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today...

No comments: