Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Time for Advice.....

In the spirit of the holiday season, I need those older and wiser to chime in on this one, and offer up your experience and advice.

I find myself terribly frustrated and confused lately..... and the topic is trust. Where does it come from? Can you create it from nothing? Do you start out with it and lose it, or do you have to earn it and keep it? Clearly its a choice a person makes.... to trust someone with their heart, their skeletons and deep dark secrets, their life...... all things vulnerable. I seem to have some sort of malfunction when it comes to trusting people....I can count on one hand the people I truly trust. I'm curious how it comes so easy for most people, or at least seems to.

Can you really, truly trust someone? Or do you just resolve to not care about the things you can't control, or don't know about? I am a firm believer in what you don't know can definitely hurt you. It seems the older I get, the more people find ways to candy-coat the truth, or beat around the bush, or simply omit things and then they have themselves convinced that they are not lying, but just not disclosing everything there would be to tell. Omission is a lie. Holding back is lying. And don't get me started on semantics and how you may twist a situation into something its not so that you have a favorable story to tell. Dishonesty makes my stomach ache..... all the time. Deceit gives me that almost ready to throw up feeling 24/7, and there is no way to get rid of it. I would rather have someone punch me square in the nose than lie to me. But unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you feel about that statement, its simply not in my control to have that choice.


I wish I knew what the answer was....... Because I'll tell you, that punch in the nose sure does hurt a lot less.

-Cyn

No comments: