Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Congratulations to the Democrats hanging on Illinois......

I woke up with a sigh of relief that I don't have to move again.

My thanks to everyone that voted..... It always startles me how someone can neglect their right to vote and yet launch political complaints like its a part time job. I have always said that if the simple right to vote isn't enough to motivate you, then think of it as a right to complain... you'd be surprised how many people will get off the couch so they can rant freely.


It saddens me how few young Americans (well, maybe I can't refer to my peers as "young" anymore, but my generation and younger nonetheless) truly grasp the significance behind a democracy, and that it takes everyone's involvement to really work the way its intended. Therefore if you neglect your small part you're compromising the entire idea. You are awarded a privilege most people on this planet will never enjoy, so use it when you can. And if you do make the conscious choice not to utilize it, then do so quietly as you have given up your place to respond if you have taken no action.

So..... it was a good day for the big "D" in Illinois, and Michigan - Go Granholm, you defeated the Michigan Machine... that's a victory all in itself.

Have a great day.
-Cyn

No comments: