Monday, January 23, 2006

the largest of the war memorials
Korean War memorial
Cats at the zoo.
Vietnam Memorial wall.... made me cry
Steps of Lincoln memorial.... didn't make me cry
Just a few pics from my trip to DC last weekend. I will write some about it when I have had a chance to let it all properly marinate... I have always considered myself a patriot, and sitting on these steps looking at a 3 story Lincoln just helped me solidify that. I was very overwhelmed by the way my gut reacted to these things. I find it hard to talk with people sometimes about the "state of the union" so to speak. and mainly because people can't differentiate patriotism from government... they can't seem to separate them. A true patriot supports and believes in his/her county all the time, and his/her government when it deserves so.
Keep that in mind next time you feel the need to comment, and remember you don't have to love the people in charge to love your country.
-Cyn

1 comment:

T o m m y A l l e n said...

Cyn,

Right on! (Not a 60's reference to your seated space in the photo)

I totally agree with every word.

Word of caution arriving too late I am sure but if you walk to the Capital from the Lincoln, mind your steps if you wander off the sidewalk. The geese shit on either side of the reflecting pond is daunting in size and expanse.

I love DC.