Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I am coming up on the day I moved to this city, 6 years ago...... being the nostalgic girl I am, here is a picture of my very first Chicago apartment...

This is the front obviously, I only had the back half of the second floor, and what you can't see is the deck in the back with the "L" train a mere 15 feet away. I couldn't sleep for 4 months.... then by the time I moved out, I didn't even realize the train was passing by. Grace used to watch it when she was a kitten and climb the window trying to catch it....

Nothing worked correctly, it was two rooms and a bathroom, non of the windows closed or locked properly, it was falling apart, the water pressure was pathetic, our bikes were stolen off the porch, it was 10 houses from Wrigley Field and the parking was a total nightmare.... but it was the best apartment I could ever imagine....

6 years, 5 apartments, 3 jobs, and 2 boyfriends later..... life in the city is beautiful.

No comments: