Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I...I am a time bomb, and I......
I lay forgotten at the bottom of your heart. 
Ticking away the years, till I blow your world apart.

I....I am a poison,  and I.....
I am still coursing through your bloodstream like a ghost.
Like wine....gathering vintage, till the day I hurt the most.

I.....I am a landmine, and I ......
I lay under the soil at the battles you thought you'd won....
I've got time...to wait for the footsteps of a memory that's on the run.


I.... I am a tripwire, and I......
I'm stretching across the road you're barreling down tonight.... 
The thinnest twine....waiting to be released right beyond your sight. 

I....I am a fault line, and I....
I'm pulling apart your world
far below where you can see.... so fine...

Moving in inches now, crawling and splitting and cutting like a knife.

I....I am a time bomb, and I.....
I only live in that one moment in which you die....
It's not right...It's not what I wanted then....

But you know and I know, there's no going back.

I....I am a lost soul, and I.....
I send out a sickened light, for anyone to see.
A cry for help..... and a warning to stay away....
from the hurting... the search for meaning....in the bleaching of my life.

No comments: